Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bridal book madness










Oh, bridal books. Over the past couple of weeks, I've received quite a few. I assume this is because the holiday season is peak proposal time (or at least it is according to the gajillion wedding-related PR press releases I get).  I typically put these aside for the bridal planning sections we publish every couple of months, but today I started thumbing through them and noticed one started out like this: "He proposed! Congratulations! Finally, you're on route to the day you've been waiting for your entire life."
Um, not so fast, wedding psychos. I fully understand that the multi-million dollar wedding industry is based upon these types of rally cries, but I simply find the whole operation dreadfully outdated. Who has the time to stress out about napking rings, lighting schemes and the color of your bridal party's  shoes? Anyway, these authors are always good to use as sources for wedding stories, so I'll shut up now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment